Sunday, January 13, 2008

ANTS....


So for this assignment I wasn't too sure of what I was going to do with it. Just bumped into someone on the road and talk about our life stories? Go down a bunch of stair cases and find some random person just waiting there to talk to? I didn't think this was really going to happen. So what I figured I was going to do was that while I was helping deliver some stuff to all the tully's and nordstroms and all those places from our bakery, I would actually talk to the people that I deliver to. Rather than just dropping it off and asking them to sign the dotted line. I thought this would work fine. Come to find out I didnt have to work that day. So sitting with the pep band at the girls varsity game I didnt know what I was going to do. In that lil thinkning to myself about this, I didnt hear what the next song was going to be that we played. I then asked this unknown figure holding a trombone in front of me what the next song was. He simply responded with "smoke on the water". Simple enough, but I thought I would try to engage in conversation. So I went on started to talk to him about the band, which then lead to talking about the school and basketball and all that good stuff. I found out that he actually played for a jazz band that i had actually seen play before. the whole thang was tight. not awkward or anything like that. We each leaned a lot about the other person.

No comments: